Monday, January 25, 2010

Thing #2

I found that creating the blog was rather simple. I love to cook and bake, so to me it was as simple as following a recipe. I am also a very creative person, I believe in time I will explore the format and templates and make them my own. I have already changed the template twice and then changed some of the color scheme. As far as the naming of the blog, sometimes the simplest is the best, my name!

I found that creating the avatar was a bit more frustrating than creating the blog. In the end, it boiled down to my misreading (okay, skimming...) the instructions. I went to the website and just started creating the avatar. I was getting frustrated as to the inability to click on certain selections that I wanted. When I went back to the 23 Things, I realized that we were instructed to create and account first! Once I created the account, I then got down to what I wanted. I created an avatar that generally looks like me. Right down to the heels for footwear. I don't particularly care for the style of the heels, but I do love heels and figured it was better to represent that than nothing at all. I think my avatar is something that might change periodically depending on my mood as well. So time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea that you will change your avatar based on your mood! I have considered changing mine to look more professional-perhaps by the time I end this semester, it will have a different look and feel! I also had problems creating my avatar just because I wanted to have the items you had to pay for! Go figure...

    Dr. Wall's avatar changes alot on the main page for 23 things-I enjoy looking to see if its different day by day!

    ReplyDelete