Monday, February 15, 2010

Thing #7


colour flower
Originally uploaded by Kate Newsham

I found Flickr a lot of fun to work with. It was very simple to understand. I really liked that I was able to upload multiple photos at one time. There were not step-by-step instructions in 23Things to finding the group, sending a photo to the group, or sending the photo to our blog, but nonetheless it was rather easy to figure out.

I can see Flicker being of great use in the classroom. I think that it would help, with younger children, to give them a pool of images to use with a project and decrease the possibility of any inappropriate images making their way into projects. I also believe it can be used as a library to pull from for showing students a lesson, visual aides or videos. As far as the photos being in a public space, well if they cannot be seen by the public then they most likely shouldn't be posted on the world wide web! If they are private, then mark them private and only allow certain people access, or if it is that private, then send them via email only.

No comments:

Post a Comment