Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thing #8

My Presentation

I used Splashr to create a slide show of my trip to Venice, Italy. It took me longer than usual to figure Spashr out. I didn't feel that they had a sufficient guide or step-by-step instructions. I had separated my pictures on Flickr into two different sets, flowers and Venice. I wanted to create the slide show of just my Venice pictures. I caught the box that let me put in my Set ID, unfortunately in other mashups they required the whole url. I kept trying to work with the url that I copy and pasted from my Flickr page. I was about to give up when I decided to try just working with the numbers of that url. Sure enough, it worked just fine after that. I then had more fun trying the different players and figuring out which one worked the best with my photos. I can see this being used an any subject, but I believe that it would be great to show multiple pictures to introduce a new topic. It might not be time to start giving the students a lot of information to be copied down, just a visual introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment