Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thing #10

I found the RSS to be an incredible piece of technology. I am a little crazy about things. I check the weather every morning. Whenever I have down time I am on my phone reading the Top Stories and the "Strange News" from the Associated Press. Now if there was a way to link the RSS feed with my Facebook and my banking accounts I would be set. I must spent 20-30 minutes every morning.

I think that this would be a great resource in a social studies or current events type of class. If the class had a Google Reader and subscribed to certain reliable and credible news sources it would be a great way to start each class. I think that an English or Language Arts teacher might use an RSS feed if they assign blogging to their students, they may use it as a journal assignment, having the RSS feed will help check each students entries. In the same manner, if a teacher uses a blog like I suggested in a previous post they may set their RSS feed to monitor each blog related to each class period to just monitor if the students or parents are commenting.

I created the public page. I am currently sharing two funny stories from my "Strange News" AP feeds. My Public Page

No comments:

Post a Comment