Thursday, April 29, 2010

23 Things

Well, it has been a long but wonderful journey this semester. I look back at all that I have accomplished via 23 Things and LiveText and cannot get over the amount I have learned. I have been introduced to so many new tools and elements of technology. I use to think myself very tech savvy but now..... I compare it to waking up one day and realizing there are 6 more continents on this Earth to explore!
I have enjoyed the class, Dr. Wall, and my classmates. I hope to see all of you around in the near future. This is a class that I think every education major student should take. I am confused as to why some people are not required to take it. The benefits of this type of class are endless.
I know that there were a couple of things that I learned that I might not use in the future but I would say at least 75% of everything I learned will be used. I realize that this is all apart of the process of being a lifelong learner. In order to continue learning I am going to need to always be up to date on the resources and tools available to me. There are really no excuses for not knowing what Web 2.0 is!
I think the best suggestion was to give ourselves 15 mins a day to explore and maybe take in a webinar. I think I could listen to a podcast, read a blog or tweet or comment in a chatroom. This is important, this goes to us continuing our education and continuously better educating ourselves. Interaction with colleagues and the community will keep us connected, especially if we work with little kids, we will need as much adult conversation and interaction as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment