Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thing #16


I really enjoy most Google Apps. I created the iGoogle home page for myself. I immediately was showing it to my husband and telling him he should make one. He has a similar function on his MacBook where he can put a lot of widgets or apps on his dashboard, so when he views it he can see a calendar, the weather, news, etc.


I also used the MSN Calendar. I liked that it already had US Holidays marked on it. I think it is an important tool because I am becoming a very busy person! Between school and working two part time (although thankfully flexible) jobs, I need to stay on track of where I belong and when.

I found Zamzar to be a great tool, it converts almost any file into another format. Especially since I work on PCs and my husband works on a Mac. We are often having problems when I want to send him a file, especially if it is a video clip. When he is deployed and gone for a long time I like to send pictures of everything going on while he is gone. Now that I have a new cell phone that takes pretty good videos, I like to send him video clips, like of our puppies playing together, the storm we had blow through last weekend, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment