Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thing #22

I found the Educational Podcast Network to be the most user-friendly. I was listening to the HeartBeat Radio podcast. I was amazed that it was produced by elementary students. I realized that students are so much farther ahead than I have been thinking. These students created podcasts that were interviews. The were interviewing each other about their favorite parts of classes. They had a continuous very intelligent dialogue going on. I believe that if these were played for students they would be interested. Kids will listen to other kids before they listen to adults. I know that in my LiveText project I referred to the possibility that I could record a podcast if I was going to be absent. I know see that the podcasts can be for the students to record too! I think that it would be great to start with student reading aloud their favorite book, poem or short story. Then teaching them to add the music and introduction would create a higher level of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment