Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thing #19


At first I found it amusing that I had never once considered that there might be a social network or community out there other than Facebook and MySpace! I really need to learn to think outside the box and out of my comfort zone. I googled and found PictureSocial. My hobby is photography. I originally started my undergrad with a minor in photography but have long since pushed that to the back burner. My husband actually is getting interested in it lately and has resparked my interest. I found this site to be a great source for diving back into the Photography community. Seeing as photography is a visual art, being able to see other photos that have others have been taken, learning their techniques and tricks of the trade is great. Being able to ask questions and seek out help from people that are more knowledgeable than me and those that are amateurs like myself is great. I believe that whenever I am teaching and getting into an area that I may not be familiar or comfortable with it will be important to search out peers in these type of social networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment